The Holiday Season of 2020 is certainly like no other… while we may not have the same opportunities to celebrate as we might usually, there is still reason enough to get dolled up (for yourself at least!) and maintain some semblance of the holiday spirit. This makeup look took me less than ten minutes and I only used the products pictured in the image above. I think the ‘less is more’ approach with makeup can sometimes amplify and bring out your best features rather than being too dramatic and piling on all sorts of makeup. There is no need for eyeliner in my water line for example or a really intensely pigmented liquid eyeliner for a cat eye on the upper lash line since I have a dramatic red lip which I wanted to draw the eye to.
I opted for a softer smudged winged liner on my upper lash line, which created some depth and opened my eyes even more. Instead of focusing the apples of my cheeks with blush for this look, I decided to strategically place Benefit’s Watts Up highlighter on my cheekbones for a sparkling effect. The statement red lip was intended to be the focal point to draw the eye in and tie the look together, which I think worked well. The sparkly eyeshadow and highlighter did wonders, too. The following products are all that I used – keeping it simple but glamorous.
- Nivea Creme to lightly moisturize under eyes after skincare routine
- Foundation: Revlon’s Candid PhotoReady Foundation (only used as a concealer)
- Highlighter: Benefit Cosmetics Watts Up! Champagne Cream Highlighter
- Eyeshadow: Sephora Collection Glitter Eyeshadow in Twinkle Twinkle
- Eyeliner: Sephora Collection Long Lasting Kohl Pencil in Black
- Mascara: L’Oreal Bambi Eye Mascara in Black
- Eyebrow Pencil: L’Oreal Brow Stylist Definer in Dark Brunette
- Lip Kit: RealHer
Voila, you have your under 10 minute glam holiday look!