Caritas is a confederation of 165 Catholic relief, development and social service organizations operating in over 200 countries and territories worldwide. Collectively and individually, their missions are to work to build a better world, especially for the poor and oppressed. Luis Antonio Tagle, a Filipino cardinal, is the current President. Read more here.
Save Venice Inc.
Save Venice Inc. is the leading American nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving the artistic heritage of Venice, Italy. Since 1971, Save Venice has funded the restoration of more than 550 projects comprising over 1,000 individual artworks. Headquartered in New York City, it has an office in Venice, a chapter in Boston, and supporters across the United States and Europe. From the outset, the organization’s mission has been to provide financial support for conservation treatments of Venice’s physical heritage, particularly monuments and important examples of painting, sculpture, and other visual arts. As the organization grew, a secondary emphasis arose in educating the public about Venetian art and history and in training future conservation professionals. Save Venice organizes special events, including annual masquerade balls, educational trips and lectures, and biennial galas in Venice to raise funds and awareness for the preservation of Venetian art and architecture. Read more here.
Charity Related Blog Posts
2021 Charity Related Blog Posts
2020 Charity Related Blog Posts
2019 Charity Related Blog Posts
- Oceana: The Power of the Ocean
- The UN’s 2030 Agenda
- CSR Thoughts: Brands and Cultural Shifts of the Future
- Gossip Girl: A Case Study in the Need for Social Change
- UN Women: A Woman’s Place is at Every Table
- BMW: Drive Sustainability
2018 Charity Related Blog Posts
- Do We Exist in a Post-Feminist World?
- All I Want For Christmas… is Peace on Earth
- Nonprofit Review: American Rose Society
- The Imperative to Rejoin the Paris Climate Agreement
- Nonprofit Review: Smile Train
- What are the United Nation’s SDGs? The 2030 Agenda
- The Rosiness of BCRF
- The Social Responsibility of Homelessness